How to Apply
Applicants to the USC Internal Medicine Residency Program must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All internship positions will be offered through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) and only accept intern applicants through the NRMP Match. For further information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
USC Three-Year Internal Medicine Categorial Program Listing: NRMP #1033140C0.
The application deadline is December 1.
- Applications are accepted only through ERAS. Documents that are mailed, faxed or emailed will not be incorporated into your file.
- All applicants must take the USMLE. We do not accept COMLEX as your only exam.
- A completed application must include the ERAS common application form, medical school transcript, a letter from the Dean of your Medical School, personal statement, a letter from your department Chairman or designee, and two additional letters.
- International Graduates should possess valid ECFMG certificates and have the State of California eligibility letter. We only accept J-1 visas. US clinical experience is required.
- Applications submitted through ERAS will be reviewed. If your application is selected for an invitation to interview, you will be contacted via email.
The interview day gives applicants the opportunity to learn more about our residency program and a chance to discover what it is like to be an Internal Medicine Resident at USC.
The day starts with a brief overview from our Program Director outlining our program's mission and direction over the next few years. Applicants will then attend our unique multidisciplinary morning report, where our housestaff solve an unknown medical case with the help of our esteemed Department of Medicine Faculty. Our Associate Residency Directors then meet the applicants as they deliver a presentation delineating our curriculum and mentorship programs.
Each applicant will have two interviews, one with a member of our Residency Leadership Team and one with a core faculty member. Applicants are encouraged to ask any questions they have regarding the training program.
Throughout the day current Interns and Residents are available to answer any questions applicants may have. All applicants will have a chance to tour the state of the art LAC+USC Medical Center, Keck Medical Center, and the USC Keck School of Medicine Health Sciences Campus.
Lodging & Directions
In preparation for you upcoming interview day, we have arranged special USC rates for the Department of Medicine applicants. Guests should mention the USC Department of Medicine Rate when calling in order to obtain the rate.
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
506 South Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90071
use code: USCMED
Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 S Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
use code: 12549
DoubleTree by Hilton
120 South Los Angeles St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
use code: 560035945